APRIL 2021 PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester UCI/Dynamic Hardness Tester Series 6000
Non-Destructive Hardness Testing
- Non-Destructive hand held portable hardness tester
- Combines UCI and Leeb portable hardness testing in one state of the art device
- Test steel with min thickness of .08” and unlimited max thickness (Other materials may have larger minimum thickness levels, depending on hardness)
- Blazing fast test results
- Rockwell, Brinell and Vickers hardness test conversions shown on display
- Large Memory w/USB Output
- Choice of manual UCI probes; 1kg, 2kg, 5kg & 10kg
- Optional Motorized Probes: .30kg, .80kg, & 1kgf
- Available Impact Devices(Leeb) D, DC, D+15, G & DL
UCI & Leeb Portable Hardness Testers
There are two basic methods of portable hardness testing that is accepted in the field today.
“Ultrasonic Contact Impedance” is based on a 136 degree diamond at the end of a vibrating rod being depressed into the test surface at a fixed load. The difference in Ultrasonic vibration frequency is then calculated into a hardness value. The UCI portable hardness tester procedure is slower than the Dynamic Impact style, however the “UCI” method of hardness testing is portable, easy and accurate. It also has its own advantages when utilized for certain testing applications. UCI portable hardness testers are not restricted to large mass items like dynamic type testers. These portable hardness testers can test metals as thin as 2mm and at a hardness value as low as 20HRC (75HB). They also excel at performing hardness tests on larger, harder metals as well. Another reason for the rise in popularity is due to the fact that the UCI method is categorized as “Non-Destructive”. That translates into less scrap parts/ lower mfg costs due to necessary inspections.
“Dynamic Impact” is based on the Leeb principle of portable hardness,developed by Dietmar Leeb in the 1970’s. A spring loaded impact body is thrust to the test surface, effecting rebound. The speed of both the initial thrust and the rebound is measured in a non-contact mode. This is calculated as a Leeb hardness value and then automatically converted to Rockwell C, B, Brinell, Vickers and Shore Values. It has effectually brought easy, fast and accurate results to portable hardness testing
UCI Portable Hardness testers
|Rockwell C||20-70 HRC|
|Rockwell B||41-99 HRB|
|Rockwell A||61-85 HRB|
Can also test in the following scales (UCI ONLY):
HRN, HRT, HRE, HRF, HK
LEEB Portable Hardness Testers
|Rockwell C||25-67 HRC|
|Rockwell B||59-99 HRB|
Check out these new hardness testers!
New Price List Available! Send email request to [email protected]
Product Line Update
- Twin Rock/Superficial Rock Digital Closed Loop Hardness Tester with Auto Z axis
- Model: 900-389
- Precision Coating Thickness Gauge w/ single Auto detect probe, memory, output & software
- Model: PTG-5500
Calling All Calibration Labs
Phase II is looking to partner with leading calibration labs throughout the world. Phase II will add your company to our reference list. Provide any/all technical support on Phase II instruments and offer discount program for sales of Phase II product.
and get set up today!
NOTICE: Distributors: Have an annual open house? Let us know the date, time, and place. Phase II is actively looking to take part in the right events to promote brand and product. Send details to [email protected]
NOTICE: New Phase II MAPP pricing policy:
NOTICE: Digital Rockwell Hardness Testers will no longer include HRA test blocks as standard accessories. They will however be available as an option.
CHECK THESE PRODUCTS OUT!